Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sunflower Seed Pancakes ... a Hearty Treat!

When my oldest son was little, he had many food allergies ... so I was always searching for (and concocting) new and tasty recipes.

In the process, I came up with this recipe for Sunflower Seed Pancakes (which we still eat and enjoy today).

Ingredients:
1 and 3/4 cup raw sunflower seed flour ( I buy raw sunflower seeds and grind them myself via our coffee grinder)
3 eggs
2 tablespoons water
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix ingredients and prepare in skillet in the same fashion as more traditional pancakes.
Serve with real maple syrup ... yum!

Recipe makes 6 medium size pancakes.

Note: These are heavy, hearty (almost "meaty") pancakes. If you like a lighter pancake, sift sunflower seed flour before adding other ingredients to it and/or add a bit of wheat flour to the mix (adding additional water accordingly).

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment